[Exim] use of Resent-* fields

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jeremy C. Reed
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [Exim] use of Resent-* fields
What is the expected behaviour of using a Resent-To field?

For example, what happens when you bounce a message using pine or mutt?

The pine documentation says pine expects to use "sendmail -t" (when using
sendmail-path: "AND operate in the style of sendmail's "-t" option").

And I know the resulting email headers still include the prior "To:" (and
"Cc:") headers.

So how does Exim know to not send to each recipient and just the

The exim spec says: "If any Resent- headers exist, it is those headers
that are checked rather than the original ones." and "If Exim finds any
Resent- headers in the message, it applies the header transformations
described below only to the Resent- header set, leaving the unqualified
set alone."

This is confusing because rfc2822 says "Resent fields are strictly
informational. They MUST NOT be used in the normal processing of replies
or other such automatic actions on messages."

(Sorry if I only snipped a little info.)

Can anyone explain this better?

Does it mean that if Resent-To: and/or Resent-Cc: is found then the other
To: and Cc: recipients will not be used with the "-t" option?

Thanks,

  Jeremy C. Reed
     BSD software, documentation, resources, news...
     http://bsd.reedmedia.net/