Re: [Exim] "remote host address is the local host"

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tabor J. Wells
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Mark Lehrer
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] "remote host address is the local host"
On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 05:37:01PM -0600,
Mark Lehrer <mark@???> is thought to have said:

> Hello there. I am a beginning exim user, and I am having some
> difficulty with relaying.
>
> My mail server is set up as "mail.domain.com", with "domain.com" as
> the domain. If I receive mail addressed to "user@???", it is
> delivered fine. However, mail addressed to "user@???" is
> considered foreign to exim.
>
> Unfortunately, I don't want to just set "mail.domain.com" as another
> domain; this is a hack and will cause trouble with virtual domains.
> How can I tell exim that user@*.domain.com messages should be treated
> the same as user@????
>
> I tried using "relay_domains" but then I get the weird error that is
> in the title: "remote host address is the local host" and it freezes
> the message. I read the faq but its solution for virtual domains
> isn't clear.

First add mail.domain.com to your local_domains.

Then add something like the following to your directors section:

# Subdomains to be delivered at the mail domain not as subdomain
# list of domains to deliver as domain.com
subdom:
driver = smartuser
domains = mail.domain.com
no_more
new_address = ${local_part}@???

Personally I have a bunch of domains like this listed for things like
www.domain.com, mail.domain.com, relay.domain.com, news.domain.com, etc.
It never ceases to amaze me what people think they should be able to send
mail to and expect it to just work.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality