Re: [Exim] removing 'frozen' messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Ken Jackson
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] removing 'frozen' messages
On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Ken Jackson wrote:

> ignore_errmsg_errors_after = 4d
> timeout_frozen_after = 7d
> *       *      F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,8h

> Which (correct me if I'm wrong) means,
> Retry every 15 mins for the first 2 hours,
> then retry in growing increments of x1.5 of 1 hour for 16 hours,
> then after 16 hours, retry every 8 hours for 4 days,
> then after 4 days, just ignore any emails that are still undeliverable
> and 'freeze' them on the queue,

No, you go slightly wrong here. It means bounce any mails that are
undeliverable after 4 days - i.e. generate a bounce message. This then
gets its own retry timings if it isn't immediately deliverable.

> then after they've been frozen for 7 days, just delete them from the queue.

The final setting means delete any frozen messages that are 7 days old.

(I assume, incidentally, that what you quote from your configuration
isn't literally those three lines in sequence. If it is, that's your
problem! The first two lines should be in the main part of the
configuration, and the third one in the retry section.)

> The poblem is, they are staying on the queue for up to 26 days so far and
> are not disappearing.

Try running a test. Run the command

exim -d9 -Mc message-id

where message-id is the id of one of the messages. The "Mc" runs a
normal non-forced delivery. Or, possibly better, try

exim -d9 -q message-id

because that will run it as if from a queue runner. The copious
debugging output may give us a clue as to why the messages aren't being
removed.

Philip