Re: [Exim] removing 'frozen' messages

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Roger Burton West
A: exim-users
Temas nuevos: Re: [Exim] Refusing MAIL FROM: <> on secondary MXes
Asunto: Re: [Exim] removing 'frozen' messages
On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 06:45:16PM +0001, Ken Jackson wrote:
>So the empty <> is nothing to do with 'spam' and is actually a desired thing
>to have? Or am I reading it incorrectly?

The sequence goes:

Spammer sends message to non-existent user at your domain.

Your mailserver tries to send back "that user doesn't exist", with the
correct MAIL FROM: <>.

This fails, because the spam doesn't contain a valid return address.

Thus a delivery failure report has itself failed; so you end up with
a frozen message from <>.

Roger