Re: [Exim] removing 'frozen' messages

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Christopher Curtis
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Ken Jackson
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] removing 'frozen' messages
On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Ken Jackson wrote:

> > > The whole point of my original question was that I have these
> > > settings in my configure file, but they don't appear to be working?
>
> > In your original post, you only the mentioned timeout_frozen_after limit.
>
> Actually, in my original post, I clearly state:
>
> } In my configure file, I have the following settings of:
> } ignore_errmsg_errors_after = 4d
> } timeout_frozen_after = 7d
> } *       *      F,2h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,8h

Ahh, yes. My bad - didn't see that.

> Also, please forgive my inexperience, as I am very new to Email

I am by far no expert - I've been admin'ing exim for ~1 month now, and
only because it's the default MTA for Debian. =)

> administration, but from the documentation in the Exim manual (page
> 15), I understand the <> in the return path means "Delivery failure
> reports (bounce messages) are sent out with empty envelope sender

[...]
> the empty <> is nothing to do with 'spam' and is actually a desired
> thing to have? Or am I reading it incorrectly?

From what I've seen, <teenage-sluts99999@???> sends a bunch of
email to users that do not exist on our server. This causes Exim to
generate an error message saying that the message cannot be delivered.
However, there is no teenage-sluts99999 at hotmail.com, so the message
gets frozen and will never be delivered. This is what I assumed your
problem to be. These settings seem to be working for me, so I'm sorry
that I can't help afterall :(

Chris