Re: [Exim] Virtual POP

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Christopher Curtis
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Jeremy C. Reed
Kopio: exim-users, suporte
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Virtual POP
On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Oct 2001, Christopher Curtis wrote:
>
> > > I setup my exim in a Potato Debian GNU/Linux box with virtual
> > domains > and aliases. MTA is working great.
>
> > problem if you run xinetd. I've also hacked OpenWebMail to support the
> > md5 password scheme it uses. I don't think it will support bulletins
>
> But did you patch Open Web Mail to work with the "virtual domains" -- in
> other words, did you patch Open Web Mail to work with the separate
> passwd/authentication methods and the separate mail box locations?

yes. I modified Open WebMail so that if a user logs in as 'user@domain'
it uses the password database from /var/mail, but if they log in as
'username', it uses the standard authenitcation mechanism.

I reported these changes to the maintainer, who simply refuses to put Open
WebMail in CVS (even though he setup a page at SourceForge) so I lost
interest in trying to keep up with -current.

He told me how to integrate my changes into -current (-current for now,
that is) but this would break the dual login capability, and my patches
will let you authenticate against virtuall any password setup (it is very
flexible).

I don't have full customization, though - for instance, each domain shares
the same default signature, and there is no per-domain global addressbook.
I intend(ed) to set that up, but simply haven't had the time ...

I also get errors now and again that I haven't looked into - sometimes
when mail bounces, it is returned to www-data instead of the sender, but I
don't know what the deal is with that yet. This happens because I guess
Microsoft whatever uses semicolons to seperate recipients, which is very
wrong, and I haven't changed Open WebMail / Exim to handle it.

> I am curious, because last month, I made some patches for Open Web Mail
> for one of my customers to support multiple domains that had different
> passwd files and mail box locations for each. (In addition, I had it
> setgid for the group owning the mail boxes instead of Open Web Mail's
> default root setgid (or was it setuid root?)).

I left mine running suid root so that users can still have the ability to
change passwords. My domain users can log in with a 'master' account that
is similar to root, where they can edit their own files. Open WebMail
would have to SUID this user to change the passwords since only that user
can edit those files.

However, I think I have password changing disabled. :{

Chris