Re: [Exim] removing 'frozen' messages

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Christopher Curtis
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Ken Jackson
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] removing 'frozen' messages
On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Ken Jackson wrote:

> > # If you can't return an error message after 2 days, delete it.
> > ignore_errmsg_errors_after = 48h
>
> > # timeout anything a week old
> > timeout_frozen_after = 7d

> The whole point of my original question was that I have these
> settings in my configure file, but they don't appear to be working?

In your original post, you only the mentioned timeout_frozen_after limit.
If you do an 'exim -bp' and see that the return address is '<>', these are
error messages that exim generated and couldn't return, most likely due to
an invalid username (aka spam). This is not your typical frozen message -
this is a generated error message, and an error message _must_ be
delivered (the default timeout is 0s, ie, never timeout). Adding
ignore_errmsg_errors_after will delete the frozen error messages, which is
probably what you are dealing with.

Chris