Re: [Exim] Re: [suporte] Virtual POP

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Christopher Curtis
A: Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira
Cc: suporte, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: [suporte] Virtual POP
<-- Warning: charset 'X-UNKNOWN' is not supported -->

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:

>     Hi all,
>     I'm totally in lost yet.
>     I tried cucipop, qpopper, solid-pop3d, pop3lite and none work!
>     Does anyone have this situation configured as bellow with Exim?
>     Much thanks,        Paulo Henrique

This does work. I have exim handling virtual domains with mail going into
/var/spool/mail/<domain> under Debian Sid. You absolutely must have the
CVS version of solid-pop3d. None of the accounts in <domain> have unix
user ids, so passwords are stored in /var/spool/mail/<domain>/passwd.db
(which is maintained by the 'spdbm' program).

Here's the basic scenario: get solid-pop3d from CVS. Download the diff.gz
for 0.15 from the debian website and apply it. Change debian/rules to
compile with this line:

        ./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=\$${prefix}/share/man \
                --localstatedir=/var/state/solid-pop3d \
                --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-pam \
                --program-transform-name="s/^spop3d$$/solid-pop3d/" \
                --enable-last --enable-createmail --enable-maildir \
                --enable-mailbox --enable-ipv6 --enable-apop \
                \
                --enable-configfile --enable-mapping --enable-nonip \
                --enable-dpuid --disable-bulletins --enable-logextend \
                --enable-userpasswd --enable-standalone

and then do your standard "debian/rules binary".

I still have a .deb if you want it. The daemon does not work in daemon
mode with Netscape (inetd only) and from what I've read in the source, the
bulletin logic will not work properly, but everything else is smooth.

Then configure /etc/spop3d.conf to be like:

<VirtualHost aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd domain.com>
        DpUIDEnable     yes
        APOPServerName  mail.domain.com
        MailDropName    /var/spool/mail/domain.com/%s
        MailDropType    mailbox
        DpUIDUser       domain-username
        DpUIDDBFile     /var/spool/mail/domain.com/passwd.db
</VirtualHost>

and all should be well.

Chris