Re: [Exim] RH 7.2 drops exim, where to find?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: Frank Elsner, nbecker, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RH 7.2 drops exim, where to find?

On 23 Oct 2001 14:55:51 +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> We're likely to be stuck with this until RH lose sendmail (unlikely
> unless sendmail bugger their licensing again), or find a way of handling
> alternates to core packages in the installer (I expect they would accept
> clean patches to anaconda).

The FreeBSD packages for MTA's get around all this by relying on the
administrator to take post-installation steps to "activate" the newly
installed MTA.

This makes sense for two reasons:

1) The fact that I install Exim doesn't mean I want to use it as the
main MTA for this host.

2) It prevents "Hoho, what's this?" foot-shooting.

Ciao,
Sheldon.