Re: [Exim] RH 7.2 drops exim, where to find?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Frank Elsner
Cc: nbecker, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RH 7.2 drops exim, where to find?
On Tue, 2001-10-23 at 14:46, Frank Elsner wrote:
> Whatever "widely-used" means, I can tell the RH people:
>
>                                EXIM is widely used (and loved)

As I understand it postfix was not among the chosen packages migrated
from Powertools to RHL main because it conflicts with a core (Base)
package - specifically sendmail. Exim is likely to be in precisely the
same position.

We're likely to be stuck with this until RH lose sendmail (unlikely
unless sendmail bugger their licensing again), or find a way of handling
alternates to core packages in the installer (I expect they would accept
clean patches to anaconda).

    Nigel.