Re: [Exim] Re: permission denied?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: bhoc
Cc: exim-users, Dan Egli
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: permission denied?
On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 01:05:50AM +0200,
bhoc@??? <bhoc@???> is thought to have said:

> > I'm trying to get exim to the point where normal users can check the =
> > mail Q by using the mailq symlink to exim, but whenever a non-root user
> =
> > runs mailq, it just says: exim permission denied
>
> In short words you must be root to do mailq.

No. You must be a member of trusted_users or trusted_groups.

> I reckon this is by design.

Yes. I believe it's primarily due to the privacy issues involved with
letting an unpriviledged user see what mail is sitting on queue and the
senders and recipients of those messages.

> You might want to try sudo or a similar tool.

That's not necessary. Set 'queue_list_requires_admin = false' in your
config file to override this behavior.

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality