Re: [Exim] bug in foranyaddress, Exim 3.33?

Author: Markus Stoll
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] bug in foranyaddress, Exim 3.33?
>> netscape (even the latest release) creates illegal To: headers,
containing
>> a unquoted special characters, e.g.:
> To: 12345: my name <my_name@???>

>That is indeed illegal, but are you sure it isn't actually
>To: 12345: my name <my_name@???>;
>Note the final semicolon. That syntax is legal. It's "group syntax".

I am aware for the group syntax. But there was no ";". You can generate
such illegal addresses yourself using netscape (at least with the german
versions) by entering a real name part that contains a dot. Other
software (like outlook) would encode ths correctly quoted printable.

Netscape does encode german umlauts correct omitting the special character
":".
I created the following header line just using netscape 6.1:

To: 02121: Markus Stoll <markus.stoll@???>,12345:
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?B=FCro?= ABC <abc@???>

> [parsing group syntax in foranyaddress...]
> I will put this on a wish list.

well, this was not my point. My point is that some mailer generate
illegal header lines which confuses foranyaddress in system filters.

In the meantime I got along using $recipients instead of $h_to:
Here the illegal addresses are parsed correctly. I did not use
$recipients in the first place as the testing mode for system
message filter seems not complete to me. For certain cases
(for example mails from mailing list) I cannot setup the test mode
passing the SMTP recipient (RCPT TO:). But maybe I just did not
find the right option.

With kind regards,

Markus