Re: [Exim] Web mail

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Chambers
Para: exim-users, Matthew Daubenspeck
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Web mail
> Does anyone have a suggestion for a web mail client that works welll with
> exim? (IE squirrelmail, imp, etc etc).

We have been using the WebMail component of the Infinite Interchange package from
Now Distribution ( http://www.now.co.uk ) for over one year and are very happy
with it. It gives a fairly basic set of facilities which satisfy most users.

One of its advantages is that it uses persistent IMAP connections and so puts a
minimum load on the IMAP server. Packages based on IMP have a major problem with
separate IMAP session - login, opening inbox/folder, doing required action,
closing IMAP session. This might be OK with a few users but if you have hundreds
or thousands of concurrent users it can put an immense load on the discs.

It is not free, but the price seems quite reasonable and worked out for us at
about 50p per user (10,000 - 20,000 users).

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter