Re: [Exim] Exim servers with Windows clients OK??

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
Para: Chris Seberino
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim servers with Windows clients OK??
On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 05:38:04PM -0700,
Chris Seberino <seberino@???> is thought to have said:

> Hello! Newbie question: Where I work everyone
> is Windows-centric and mainly relies on Microsoft
> Outlook, Eudora and similar Windows clients.
>
> Does Linux-Exim mail server setup know how to
> talk to these Win programs so they are happy?

Of course. It wouldn't be a very effective mail server if two of the most
popular mail clients couldn't send mail through it, would it?

> Has M$ figured out how to force things so
> M$-mail servers necessary for Outlook/Eudora???

I'm sure they'd like to, but then they'd have severe interoperability
problems with all of the other non-MS mail servers.

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality