Re: [Exim] autoreply: "relaying is not allowed" error

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Greg Ward
Para: James Ladan
CC: Exim Users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] autoreply: "relaying is not allowed" error
On 11 October 2001, James Ladan said:
> I'm trying to set up an autoreply message to let people know what a domain I
> have set up is now obsolete. It all seems to be working fine, except for
> one problem -- I get a "relaying mail to X is not allowed" error when Exim
> tries to send the message. (The log entires for this are listed below.)

[...]
> 2001-10-11 15:51:32 15rlrg-0001sK-00 ** jladan@??? R=send_to_gateway
> T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<jladan@???>:
> host smtp1.sympatico.ca [209.226.175.81]: 550 relaying mail to ti.com is not
> allowed

My guess is that the problem lies on Sympatico's mail gateway. Try a
manual SMTP session with smtp1.sympatico.ca from your machine (ie. using
a Sympatico IP address). You want to do this:

$ telnet smtp1.sympatico.ca
[...wait for response...]
ehlo your.host.name
mail from:<>
rcpt to:<jladan@???>

and see if Sympatico's mail server complains. If so, it's not your
configuration, it's theirs. It's still your problem, but it's their
fault. Good luck.

Also try it with other envelope senders, in particular your Sympatico
email address (I'm guessing they give one to every subscriber), and an
address that is valid but not from Sympatico.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???