[Exim] Re: Can exim ignore certain IP addresses for outgoing…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Suresh Ramasubramanian
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Re: Can exim ignore certain IP addresses for outgoing mail delivery?
+++ Marc Haber [exim-users] <11/10/01 15:20 +0200>:
> Anyway, the question still holds: How does ignore_target_host handle
> cases where an MX record points to a name with multiple A records, of
> which only one is broken.

I have seen only one such case (where there are two equal preference MXs
for a domain, one of which has a mailserver which doesn't quite understand
that it is supposed to treat that domain as local). The IPs appear to be
tried randomly, with a 1/n chance, where n is the number of IPs.

If Exim is unlucky enough to choose the wrong IP it goes through and comes
back with a Relaying Denied - or in your case, the "MX points back to me"
error.

- --
Suresh Ramasubramanian <----> mallet <at> efn dot org