Re: [Exim] My filter still lets thro ..exes

Author: John W Baxter
To: tdn, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] My filter still lets thro ..exes
>I have just copied Nigel Metheringham system filter, but for some
>reasons... emails with .exe and .com attachments
>are still passing through.
>am running exim 3.2 and my configs are as follows:
>
>smtp_accept_max = 600
>smtp_accept_max_per_host = 40
>remote_max_parallel = 20
>message_size_limit = 10485760
>return_size_limit = 1024
>sender_reject = "lsearch;/usr/local/exim/badmailfrom"
>message_filter = /usr/local/exim/system_filter.test
>timeout_frozen_after = 2d
>ignore_errmsg_errors
>auto_thaw=4h
>

>i have named the filter file system_filter.test

Reflect upon
message_body_visible = 1000
or some other suitable value. The .exe probably appears "below" the
default first 500 (?) bytes of message.

(I made an exception...I seldom bother to read the micro type which results
from HTML mail which comes out of Microsoft products.)

--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA