Re: [Exim] List of what's new and changed in Exim 4

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Chambers
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] List of what's new and changed in Exim 4
I appreciate that there will be the local_scan() facility which will be invoked
before acknowledgement of the SMTP DATA phase, but is there any chance of the
system filter being invoked at the same stage?

I can see the need for local_scan() if a full-blown virus-scanning engine is to
be integrated, but for the sort of scanning which I now do with the system filter
I don't want to have to re-write it in C and then re-compile and re-make Exim
every time I make a small addition.

With most junk mail using forged envelope and header addresses it really would
cut down the dross if the system filter could reject at the SMTP stage. It would
also prevent me sending bounce messages to innocent parties whose addresses have
been used as senders.

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter