Re: [Exim] host_certs_accept_relay ?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] host_certs_accept_relay ?
On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 10:03:01AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Dirk Slaghekke wrote:
> > But actually I want all hosts to be allowed to relay, no matter what
> > IP-Address they come from provided that there certification is in the
> > file "certs".
> This feature will be available in Exim 4.

Will exim4 fix the problem of systems that try and do STARTTLS if they see
it in the EHLO extras list, that they try and set up a secure connection,
and don't present a certificate, such that the setup fails, but the normal
SMTP dialogue can't be resumed causing the message to suffer a temporary
error. Ie, will exim4 actually say, ok. you have a secure connection, but
I don't actually know anything about you, so you can't do the relay bit of
the SMTP ACL? (I need to reread the ACL stuff, because I didn't get it the
first time)

MBM