Re: [Exim] Exim Spam Filter Example

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Chambers
Para: P Kirk
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim Spam Filter Example
> So which is better:
> if $message_body matches "^* dear friend"
>
> or
>
> if $message_body contains "^* dear friend"
>                  ^^^^^^^

The latter is not legal. "matches" uses a regular expression while "contains"
uses plain text. There was a typo on my part, I should have put

"^ *dear friend"

That is a regular expression with the "^" anchoring the match to the start of the
text being studied. " *" means zero, one or more spaces.

Before trying to write regular expressions you need to study the Exim manual,
sections 8 and 9, and follow up the references to more information.

Phil.
Phil Chambers (postmaster@???)
University of Exeter