Re: [Exim] Mail Forwarding w/o local part

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Greg Ward
Para: Nathan
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Mail Forwarding w/o local part
On 05 October 2001, Nathan said:
> I'm trying to forward email to another host (which I
> can't control). I've setup the aliasing director seen
> below. The error message I'm getting says there's no
> local_part for the address I'm trying to forward. I
> don't want a local_part. I want to forward just a
> couple addresses, none of which have an account of any
> type on localhost.

You're confusing "local part" with "user account". For instance, every
domain must accept a local part of "postmaster" -- but have you ever
seen a Unix system with a user account "postmaster"?

> Does anyone know how I should
> modify things to make this work?
>
> forward_aliasing:
> driver = aliasfile
> file_transport = address_file
> pipe_transport = address_pipe
> file = /etc/exim.forward
> search_type = lsearch

Hmmm, that looks right to me: any alias in /etc/exim.forward
automagically creates a new, valid local part (*not* a user account!)
that Exim should accept, and forward to the address(es) specified in the
alias.

What is in your /etc/exim.forward? What address are you trying to send
to that's not being forward? What does "exim -d9" say when you try to
send to this address?

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???