Re: [Exim] small discrepancy in config possibilities

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: jens-ingo brodesser
To: exim-users
CC: Philip Hazel
題目: Re: [Exim] small discrepancy in config possibilities
> > option in exim-3,32 doesn't allow the mixture of single arguments
>and lookups:
>>
>> if i configure:
> >
> > sender_verify_hosts = \
> > !domaine.example:!domaine2.example:!dbm;/etc/exim/domaines.db
> >
>> the option is simply ignored by exim. whereas:
>
>How do you know it is ignored ? Have you checked using the -bh option?
>If so, please post or send me the output.

i checked using the sender verification option -bvs and -bv

my setup is actually without virtual domains, i have one generic
domain but a lot of other domains for which mail is accepted. until
recently i have been limited with exim-3,12 from debian-potato but
now i have compiled v3,32 with the intention of having vdomain alias
files which are still not implemented in my setup. so for the moment
there is a lot of rewriting and just one alias file for all domains.

i have the impression that exim is not able to verify successfully
localparts if they are based on rewrites. i recognized this during a
particular condition: if users which reside outside of our network
send messages to other users on our network with their MUA configured
to send the messages as a user of our network and the localpart of
these messages is dirived from rewriting but no actual system user
and without aliasfile entry, these messages are bounced as soon as
they arrive on our network. the error is a 550 rejected: unknown
local part in sender.

so i have to exclude localdomains from sender_verify which i did with
the above mentioned directive sender_verify_hosts and the negating !
sign. when i implement this directive with my generic domains in
front and the other local domains in the dbm lookup the -bvs
testoption reacts just as if i haven't set the sender_verify_hosts.
as soon as i remove the single domains in front, the -bvs test is
successful in resolving the rewrites and shows that the localpart is
existing. when i don't put sender_verify_hosts or when i put it with
the leading domainnames the -bvs test says no such localpart in the
$domain which means rejection during smtp.

i haven't tested with the -bh option because there has been no real
problem with hosts or IPs but addresses's localparts no matter from
where the smtp call comes and as soon as the above mentioned
condition has been present:

- a local user is sending email back to our network from outside
- his MUA is configured with his final email-address (final=state
after rewrite)
- his email-address's localpart is not a systemuser and not in an aliasfile
- the localpart of his email address is rewritten to his abstract
sys-username, ex :

user@???    545454tx@???    T

--
jens-ingo