Re: [Exim] I need some quick help with ownership and permiss…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Daniel Einspanjer
A: exim-users
Cc: eglidan
Asunto: Re: [Exim] I need some quick help with ownership and permissions, please.
Well.. I figured it out.. I had all the file permissions correct and all the
directory permissions on etc/ and exim/ and everything else.. Unfortunately, I
overlooked the fact that my over-zealous chmod had changed the permissions on
the /usr/local directory itself.. removing the o+x which meant that user mail
couldn't even traverse it to get to the binary. :) Thanks for the tips guys.

One thing this has taught me.. the ancient Chinese proverb is true...
He who plays with root too much, kills tree. ;)
-- Daniel Einspanjer, daniel@??? on 09/28/2001