Re: [Exim] Autoreply errors [was Vacation (autoreply) proble…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Ryan Cartwright
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Autoreply errors [was Vacation (autoreply) problems]
On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Ryan Cartwright wrote:

> Further to the below message I tried a different vacation config (thanks
> Bernard) but it reported the same error "Failed to send message from
> <transportname> transport (69)". Also forwardfile transport reports the
> same error. The common point seems to be autoreply. It would appear to
> me that my autoreply driver is malfunctioning, can I test for this
> beyond what I have done and does anyone know what error (69) means?

Probably this:

      EX_UNAVAILABLE -- A service is unavailable.  This can occur
            if a support program or file does not exist.  This
            can also be used as a catchall message when something
            you wanted to do doesn't work, but you don't know why.

In this context, the problem is probably that Exim was unable to call
itself in order to sent the message. Check

exim -bP exim_path

Does it show the correct path to Exim? Are the permissions on the binary
correct? If so, try running the problem delivery with -d9 to see if the
debugging output helps.