Re: [Exim] 1.000.000 email delivered in single session

Top Pagina
Auteur: Sheldon Hearn
Aan: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] 1.000.000 email delivered in single session

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001 17:14:57 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Probably, yes! So maybe you want to pump them all in and then use -qq.
> That will just sit around routing them one by one for a long time,
> before it then re-scans the queue and actually delivers them.

I'd imagine that routing half a million single-recipient messages
"one by one" take a long time indeed! Will multiple -qq processes
interoperate correctly if I launch a few myself? I'm guessing no. :-(

> (That is, there's no way to make it just do the first pass of "qq"
> without going on to do the second. Maybe this doesn't matter...)

Nope. Even if I could tell it to stop after routing, having a single
process performing all routing is just too slow. I need parallelism
in routing. Right now, I achieve this by sacrificing more efficient,
hint-based delivery.

Ciao,
Sheldon.