Re: [Exim] a strange hitch in some deliveries

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Tamas TEVESZ
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [Exim] a strange hitch in some deliveries
On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> i think i'm stopping here as this is getting offtopic (? i don't know
> whether this is an exim issue or not, but i seem to remember postings
> by Philip [and also my senses tell so] that the data blocks exim is
> working with are then broken more down by the tcp stack).

Yes. If the TCP/IP stack is working correctly, the size of block used
by the application shouldn't matter. The stack should break it down into
packets of an appropriate size for the network. There's nothing Exim can
do to influence this.

Well, I suppose that's not actually entirely true. It *could* write a
small block, wait for a while, and then write the next one, assuming
that the first one gets sent in the meantime in a small packet. But
that's not what TCP applications are supposed to concern themselves
with.