Re: [Exim] Re: Exim user

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: sebastien.ioannitis@freesbee.fr, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Exim user

On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 22:17:27 +0530, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> > I have a problem when creating my Exim user (UID=65 for
> > Exim, and GID=65 for Exim). The thing is that this user
> > appears in the /home/ directory which annoys me a bit.
> > What to do ?
>
> Dont set the user's homedir - or let it be in /home with a blank directory
> .. what does it matter? At least in FreeBSD, you have:
>
> sendmail:*:1004:6:Mail Transfer Agent:/nonexistent:/sbin/nologin

But for this user's mail to be delivered without getting frozen, you
need to add 'match_directory = !^/nonexistent' to the userforward
director.

And just as a point of clarification, user sendmail is not standard in
FreeBSD. At this time, FreeBSD has no MTA user. The FreeBSD ports and
packages for Exim take care of this for you as best they can.

Ciao,
Sheldon.