Re: [Exim] autoreply with changed sender

Autor: Piotr Roszatycki
A: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] autoreply with changed sender
On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, Dave C. wrote:
> All 'bounce' type messages hould _always_ be send with the NULL (<>)
> sender. What is the 'one case' where you beleive you cant use it?
>
> If it is a remote server which refuses to acept "MAIL FROM:<>", that
> *THAT* server is broken and in violation of RFC, and it would be
> inappropriate to make a specical exception for it.
>
> > I'd like to use "mail" command in Exim filter and change the default
> > sender for this bouce message. I can't use empty '<>' sender in one case.
> > I think "pipe" command wouldn't be the best method because bounced message
> > doesn't contain any element of original mail. What can I do?

It is a SMS gateway of GSM operator which doesn't accept "MAIL FROM:<>".
I used to use Exim filter with "mail" command but I had to switch
to external filter. I'd like to use internal filter system and to forbid
"pipe" command..

--
Piotr Roszatycki, Netia Telekom S.A.                    .''`.
mailto:Piotr_Roszatycki@netia.net.pl                   : :' :