[Exim] Switching Exim on

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Peter Salvage
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Switching Exim on
Hi all

<newbie Alert>

I've managed to install and configure Exim for my situation, and it seems to be
working fine. However, 4.16 of the Exim doc's state as follows:
"The name by which the system message transfer agent is called by mail user
agents is either `/usr/lib/sendmail', or `/usr/sbin/sendmail' (depending on the
operating system), and it is necessary to make this name point to the exim
binary in order to get them to use it. This is normally done by renaming any
existing file and making `/usr/lib/sendmail' or `/usr/sbin/sendmail' a symbolic
link to the exim binary. It is a good idea to remove any setuid privilege and
executable status from the old MTA"

Am I correct in stating that I need to issue the following command:
'ln -fs /usr/sbin/sendmail /usr/exim/bin/exim' ?

TIA
/wiZZ