Re: [Exim] Re: Switching Exim on

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: michael
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Re: Switching Exim on
> That way - or if you are running freebsd 4.3 and above you can use the
> "mailwrapper". You need to symlink /usr/sbin/sendmail, /usr/lib/sendmail and
> /usr/bin/mailq at least. /usr/bin/newaliases as well if you use some kind of
> db for aliases instead of a flat text file.
>
> # $FreeBSD: src/etc/mail/mailer.conf,v 1.2 1999/12/29 18:24:06 peter Exp $
> #
> # Execute the "real" sendmail program, named /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail
> #
> sendmail    /usr/local/sbin/exim
> send-mail    /usr/local/sbin/exim
> mailq        /usr/local/sbin/exim
> newaliases    /usr/local/sbin/exim

Wouldn't have symlinks from /usr/sbin/sendmail to /etc/mail, and from
there to whereever the MTA lives, sufficed for keeping /usr out of the
game? If not, then it's the first time I see bloat in BSD distributions.
At least the NetBSD 1.5 manual page can't tell me the advantages of a
program with a config file.

Michael