[Exim] Re: Dumping mail queue after Spam attack

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Exim-Users (E-mail)
New-Topics: [Exim] Virtual Domain Hosting
Subject: [Exim] Re: Dumping mail queue after Spam attack
+++ Iain Donaldson [exim-users] <19/09/01 18:09 +0100>:
> Anyway, one of our customers had a spam attack and it's left our exim mailer
> with a queue of duff e-mails (several hundred at least). I need to clear
> them all out, is there an easy way to do this other than kill each one in
> turn or just wait for them to be frozen ?

# exim -Mrm `mailq|grep regexp|cut -c 11-27`

That regexp can be, for example, the from address the spammer has used.

# exim -Mrm `mailq|grep spammer\@idiot\.com|cut -c 11-27`

[those ` are backticks, just below the ~ character - to the left of the 1 on
your keyboard]

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian <----> mallet <at> efn dot org