[Exim] a quickie on filter command orders

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Tamas TEVESZ
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] a quickie on filter command orders
hi,

as said in a previous message i'm very new to filtering with exim,
also i had to learn what i have so far in a very hurry. i skimmed
through the filter spec and the system_filter from exim.org, and with
these i could craft my own. there's just one thing i can't find the
answer for:

if i have commands in this order:

save /var/mail/rejected_messages/nimda/
fail text "whatever\n"

then it's fine. however, if ordered like this:

fail text "whatever\n"
save /var/mail/rejected_messages/nimda/

then the "save" has no effect at all. doesn't show up in logs, doesn't
save obviosly, doesn't do nothing (it "fail"s all right, though).
again, i didn't extensively read filter.txt (yet), but tried to grep
for words like "order" to find out more about this particular issue,
but nothing.

is this intented to be this way and documented someplace (where ?
i'd be very happy to get an rtfm url, too ;), or am i doing something
wrong (then, where could my mistake be?)

thanks,

--
[-]