Re: [Exim] using filter for maildirfolders

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Robert Rotman
CC: Arne Georg Gleditsch, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] using filter for maildirfolders
On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Robert Rotman wrote:

> > I suspect "one-user setup" means a virtual user system without real
> > user accounts. (Hence all mail being stored under the same ("one")
> > userid.) If this is the case, I have ran into this problem myself.
> > My solution was to use create_file, patched to work for maildir. See
> >
> > http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20010528/026461.html
> >
> > for patch.
> >

> Yes thats exactly what im looking for.

Let me see if I've understood this right. You don't have any real user
accounts, but you want to implement facilities whereby the users may
attempt to do things that could interfere with each others' files.

And you want to implement special, ad hoc facilities to manage this?

Why?

If you want to let users do things other than retrieve their mail by
POP or IMAP, why not use the facilities that the operating system
already has built into it - that is, user accounts? These are well
understood and well debugged. You don't have to allow the users login
access.

Have I missed some important point here?