Re: [Exim] using filter for maildirfolders

Author: Arne Georg Gleditsch
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] using filter for maildirfolders
* Philip Hazel
> Sorry, I've completely lost the plot on this thread. Exactly what are
> you attempting? If a user writes a "save" command in an Exim filter, the
> given path name is passed to an appendfile transport that runs as the
> user. Normally, this means that the conventional file protection
> mechanisms prevent one user from writing in another user's directory.
>
> But maybe you have some special setup?

I suspect "one-user setup" means a virtual user system without real
user accounts. (Hence all mail being stored under the same ("one")
userid.) If this is the case, I have ran into this problem myself.
My solution was to use create_file, patched to work for maildir. See

http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20010528/026461.html

for patch.

                            Arne.