Re: [Exim] using filter for maildirfolders

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Robert Rotman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] using filter for maildirfolders
On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Robert Rotman wrote:

> but this will not help if one user can write in tho other users directory with
> an exim-filter.

Sorry, I've completely lost the plot on this thread. Exactly what are
you attempting? If a user writes a "save" command in an Exim filter, the
given path name is passed to an appendfile transport that runs as the
user. Normally, this means that the conventional file protection
mechanisms prevent one user from writing in another user's directory.

But maybe you have some special setup?