Re: [Exim] DNSsec records and exim

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Michael Richardson
Para: Exim Users Mailing List
CC: aland
Asunto: Re: [Exim] DNSsec records and exim
    Greg> [ On Sunday, September 16, 2001 at 19:34:55 (-0400), Michael Richardson wrote: ]
    >> Subject: Re: [Exim] DNSsec records and exim
    >>
    >> In fact, more basic. Missing '.' on MX record screwed things up.
    >> I added an MX for lox.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca when I started to suspect
    >> something was wrong. I will be removing it again tomorrow to see what
    >> happens.

    Greg> If you are using that name in either MAIL FROM: or RCPT TO:
    Greg> parameters
    Greg> you should probably keep an MX for it....

Why?

An A record can be delivered to. Some suggest that this wasn't the original
intention (no MX == no email), but it is how the spec is. And MAIL From:
will almost always have people's workstation in it, which may be very much
non-deliverable.

    >> And nox6 does have records:
    >>
    >> marajade-[~] mcr 1028 %host -t aaaa nox6
    >> nox6.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca has AAAA address 2002:c08b:2e21:3::6
    >> nox6.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca has AAAA address 2001:410:402:3::6

    >> That should not upset anyone.

    Greg> I'm not so sure about that.  Any mailer should looks for the A RR
    Greg> (not
    Greg> AAAA) for every MX, and may complain if one is not found....

Then IPv6 will never get deployed if all machines must always be dual stack.

    Greg> BTW, those AAAA records are apparently not visible to the world
    Greg> either:

    Greg> $ host -a lox6.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca nic.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca

NOX6.

(which is actually for "new lox"...)

    Greg>  !!! sandelman.ottawa.on.ca SOA primary istari.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca is not advertised via NS

    Greg> $ /sbin/ping ns.flora.ottawa.on.ca
    Greg> PING ns.flora.ottawa.on.ca (209.195.78.66): 56 data bytes

That's a different, more recent problem.

] mcr@??? http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[