Re: [Exim] DNSsec records and exim

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Michael Richardson
CC: exim-users, aland
Asunto: Re: [Exim] DNSsec records and exim
On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Michael Richardson wrote:

> I have recently (2001/9/12) started to sign my zone, sandelman.ottawa.on.ca.
>
> Mail started getting rejected by various systems, but not all. It appears
> that they do not properly process the SMTP From line, and believe it to be
> spam. (At the least, I'd rather it returned 4xx code, as it may just be a
> slow DNS)

Not spam, just unverifiable:

> 354 Enter message, ending with "." on a line by itself
> 550 rejected: cannot route to sender <mcr@???>

That says "I don't recognize the sender address; if called upon to
deliver to it I couldn't; therefore, if I have to send a bouce to it I
can't; therefore I'm not prepared to accept this message."

Even now, there is something wrong with your zone:

lox.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca.         MX 10 nox6.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca.
lox.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca.         MX 10 mailhost.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca.
mailhost.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca.    A  192.139.46.2
No A record for nox6.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca.
lox.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca.         A  192.139.46.2

However, that of itself doesn't stop Exim routing to it.

There are also problems with your nameservers:

-------- Nameserver ns.flora.ottawa.on.ca for sandelman.ottawa.on.ca --------
Nameserver ns.flora.ottawa.on.ca not responding
lox.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca MX record not found at ns.flora.ottawa.on.ca, try again
Nameserver ns.flora.ottawa.on.ca not responding
lox.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca A record not found at ns.flora.ottawa.on.ca, try again
-------- Nameserver nic.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca for sandelman.ottawa.on.ca --------
lox.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca      MX      10 mailhost.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca
lox.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca      MX      10 nox6.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca
 !!! lox.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca MX host nox6.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca has no A record
lox.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca      SIG     (not yet implemented)
lox.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca      A       192.139.46.2
lox.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca      SIG     (not yet implemented)
-------- Nameserver lotharon.endicor.com for sandelman.ottawa.on.ca --------
Nameserver lotharon.endicor.com not responding
lox.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca MX record not found at lotharon.endicor.com, try again
Nameserver lotharon.endicor.com not responding
lox.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca A record not found at lotharon.endicor.com, try again