[Exim] 3.168: change to ldap lookup

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Reena John
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] 3.168: change to ldap lookup
Hi,

The gist of the matter is that after we upgraded exim from 3.13 to 3.22,
our method of aliasing stopped working. We use an ldap lookup to get all
possible matches for $local_part and then parse the return value from the
ldap lookup using a perl script.

It says in the ChangeLog for exim-3.168 that:

14. Changes to the LDAP lookup:

     * Abandoned auto-guess of LDAP library (was in fact broken).
     * Added support for OpenLDAP 2.0.6 (changed API from 1.x release).
     * Use ldap_search and asynchronous ldap_result instead of ldap_url_search.
     * Changes to the way multiple values are returned.
     * Miscellaneous internal tidies.

Above, in the item before the last, it says 'Changes to the way multiple
values are returned' .

Could someone in the know please respond with more detail about what those
changes are?

thanks,
Reena John