Re: [Exim] 3.168: change to ldap lookup

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Reena John
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] 3.168: change to ldap lookup
hi,

i want to thank Philip for his prompt reply. However, I find that our the
return value from our ldap lookup does not conform to the exim
documentation. Which is why I thought the change (see excerpt from
changelog in mail below) in exim-3.168 might explain it.
i would appreciate it if exim-ldap users (and hopefully the creator of the
code) would come forward with samples of what is returned in their ldap lookup.

A typical ldap lookup on our system when $local_part=John would look like:

lookup ldapm {LDAP_URL(CN_MATCH)}{$value}

LDAP_URL = ldap:///o=base?alias,mail,cn,ou,telephonenumber?sub?

CN_MATCH    = &(mail=*)${perl{cn_match}{$local_part}}

alias=JohnS ou="Engineering" ou="Engineering" mail=*** mail=***
telephonenumber="***" cn="John Smith" cn="John P Smith" cn="JSmith" cn=""
alias=JohnR ou="Engineering" mail=*** telephonenumber="***" cn="Reena John"
cn="Reena Philipos John" cn="Reena P John"

You can see that the multiple values for cn and ou are not separated by
commas. Also, (and not visible) the return values from multiple attributes
(e.g. between mail=* and telephonenumber=*) are space separated but not
individual strings. However, as specified in the documentation, the values
returned from different entries (records) are separated by newlines.

thanks for the forum and your attention,
Reena