Re: [Exim] strange smtp delay?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Jason
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] strange smtp delay?

On Thu, 06 Sep 2001 21:39:26 +0100, "Jason" wrote:

> I currently have a problem which has got me very confused!!
> EVERY smtp connection to my mailserver takes exactly 30seconds from initial
> connection to complete. (as below)

Someone else has already suggested DNS, but the most common cause for an
exact 30 second delay is that Exim is waiting 30 seconds for an RFC 1413
auth (ident) lookup that is neither being rejected nor accepted.

If it affects _all_ connections to your server, then you probably need
to open the service up on your own firewall. Exim offers options for
controlling these lookups as well.

Ciao,
Sheldon.