Re: [Exim] message frozen

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Dave C.
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Robert Lister
Kopio: edunagin, exim
Aihe: Re: [Exim] message frozen
On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, Robert Lister wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 05:21:19PM -0400, edunagin wrote:
> >
> > can someone tell me what this means?
>
> What this means is that you should probably read the overview
> documentation to understand how exim works!
>
> From: http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.30/doc/html/oview.html
>
> "...A message remains in the spool directory until it is completely
> delivered to its recipients or to an error address, or until it is deleted
> by an administrator or by the user who originally created it. In cases
> when delivery cannot proceed -- for example, when a message can neither be
> delivered to its recipients nor returned to its sender, the message is
> marked `frozen' on the spool, and no more deliveries are attempted. The
> administrator can thaw such messages when the problem has been corrected,
> and can also freeze individual messages by hand if necessary..."
>
> > it appears every hour in my
> > /var/log/exim_mainlog.
> >
> > 2001-09-05 16:23:03 15cpCJ-0000E2-00 Message is frozen
>
> Presumably you are running a queue run every hour, and exim is logging the
> fact that this message is still frozen every hour.

FWIW (all this information is in the exim spec document, btw)

exim -bp

will display a listing of all the messaged curently in the queue.

exim -Mvh 15cpCJ-0000E2-00

will display the headers of this particular message

exim -Mvb 15cpCJ-0000E2-00

will display its body (pipe to more or something if the queue listing
shows it is large, otherwise the entire thing will be dumped to your
tty)

exim -v -M 15cpCJ-0000E2-00

will force exim to attempt a delivery of that message, and the output
from that may give some clues as to why its frozen.

> > i am using the default configure file with the added to routers:

Also, note that the ORDER that you put the routers in is signifigant -
they are run in the order they are specified, and the first one that
accepts a message gets it. If you put this last, after all the routers
that are in the default config file, it will never get used.