[Exim] Localdelivery on a hashed mailstore

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Christian Froemmel
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Localdelivery on a hashed mailstore
Hi,

I am currently looking through my config to speed my system a littlebit
up. So I decided to split up my mailstore with a hashing function. I do
virusscanning with amavis on my system, and on local deliveries I call
amavis (after all expansions/lookups), which itself calls procmail to
write the mail into the mailstore. Unfortunately procmail don't support
hashed Mailstores (and I want to get rid of procmail) so (if I follow
the usual way) amavis has to feed the message into exim again. But in my
case thats a waste of ressources, since remote-smtp-stuff is handled by
a separate transport.

The question is: Is it advisable to setup an exim which has no other
configfile-entries but to store the mails in the right directory ? If
so, will it be a Problem when this separate, non-daemonized exim writes
into the (daemonized)-exim-spool ? Or anyone knows a small program,
which just delivers into hashed mailstores (I don't need this
filtering/garbling-features of procmail) ?

regards, Christian Froemmel
--
Mailadministrator of the Clinic of Medicine "Benjamin Franklin" Berlin.