Re: [Exim] ISP vs. Local mail delivery

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Robert Lister
A: Exim-Users
Cc: duckwing
Asunto: Re: [Exim] ISP vs. Local mail delivery
What you need is for your system to first check if the user@domain is
on this system, and if not, fire it to your ISP's server.

Splitting a domain across servers like this is not too difficult.

First create a transport like this:

smarthost:
driver = smtp
hosts = your.isp.mail.server.com

Then insert AFTER your local_delivery /localuser Directors, something
like:

not_local:
driver = smartuser
domains = duckwing.ca
transport = smarthost
no_verify

Your local_delivery director will catch anything (in local_domains)
thats on your machine, and if not, it will pass to not_local and match
the domain, which will pass it to this transport smarthost:

(Send it to your ISP's mail server, i.e. The real mail server for the
domain.)

I have no additional routers going on here; the problem with using routers
is that you can only match domain parts, not specify what local-parts are
users and which are not your users.

So I'd recommend starting again with this and putting this simple config
in. Works for me. (I've even tested the above for you. It does work!)

Rob

--
Robert Lister    -        robl@???    -    http://www.lentil.org
                                                  tel: 07973-815198