Re: [Exim] ISP vs. Local mail delivery

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
A: Carl B. Constantine
Cc: Exim-Users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] ISP vs. Local mail delivery
On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Carl B. Constantine wrote:

> I found an answer for that one problem but it didn't solve the other
> problem, being able to email someone else in my same domain (hosted at
> my ISP) but who do NOT have accounts on my Linux system, in this case my
> wife who gets her mail directly from the ISP who hosts my domain. She
> uses our Mac to get and send mail.
>
> Some people offered solutions to this problem, but none of them work. If
> I try to email wife@??? Exim doesn't deliver it because wife
> doesn't have an account on my system.

most certainly.

you have to decide:

1) either set up a pop box (note the phrasing) on your system for your
wife's use

    * or *

2) make all mails you send her go out, and then come back when she
fetches it.

that there is an exclusive or.

decide that first, and then lets get back to the implementation part.

ps. you can cut most of the comments from the exim config file next
time, thanks :)

--
[-]