Re: [Exim] Exim Filters/folders

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dan Lowe
Aan: Robert Lister
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Exim Filters/folders
Previously, Robert Lister said:

> Is there a way I can hack something up for example make my filter
> write a list of message ID's to a little file in my home directory
> (say, the last 20 message IDs) and then before it decides.

No; you can do this with Procmail, but not with an Exim filter. If you
want to try the Procmail method out, you can use this recipe:

    :0 Wh: $HOME/.msgid.lock
    | formail -D 8192 $HOME/.msgid.lock

This assumes of course that you have "formail" and that it's in your path.
If you have Procmail installed, you probably also have formail already.

Keep in mind that you can't just fork Procmail out of an Exim filter and
have this work (nor can you fork formail and have it work) because you
can't check the return code of an external program called by a filter.
If you want to try this you'd have to switch to Procmail rather than using
an Exim filter (which not everyone wants to do).

-dan

--
Passwords are like underwear. You don't share them, you don't hang them on
your monitor, or under your keyboard, you don't email them, or put them on