Re: [Exim] Exim Filters/folders

Top Pagina
Auteur: Robert Lister
Aan: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Exim Filters/folders
On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 09:34:46AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Robert Lister wrote:
>
> > I have a machine at work and a machine at home, and in both cases,
> > majordomo and exim and my mailbox are all on the same box.
>
> Aha. I presume, therefore, that Exim is deliving one copy of the message
> to you, and one copy to majordomo. Majordomo is then expanding the list,
> passing a new message back to Exim, and voila, it delivers a copy of
> that message to you. You can check this by examining your Exim logs, and
> also the Received: headers in the messages.

Yes, but both messages have the same Message-ID: header.

> There isn't really anything Exim can do about this if my diagnosis is
> correct.
>
> > Is there some sort of thing I can say in the filter rules that
> > means "if seen" ?
>
> Not in the sense you want to use it.

Bugger.

> > I'm not sure exactly why I'm getting two copies of something
> > that has the same message-ID either.
>
> Exim does not remember previously delivered message ids.

Is there a way I can hack something up for example make my filter
write a list of message ID's to a little file in my home directory
(say, the last 20 message IDs) and then before it decides.

"lsearch $message_id in $home/.file

if $message_id found then seen finish

else

save....
write "$message_id to $home/.file

endif

> > I notice that on the first, there is a header:

> > robl@???
> >
> > (this happens on non-mailing list traffic too.)
>
> Run a test with -d9 to see what's going on.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure this out. It only happens sometimes, not
sure exactly why it does this. I've got no bizzare rewrites or things
going on; pretty much standard configs.

Rob,

--
Robert Lister    -        robl@???    -    http://www.lentil.org