Re: [Exim] Rejecting all connections from non-local hosts

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John W Baxter
A: Tom Huckstep, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Rejecting all connections from non-local hosts
At 22:25 +0100 8/30/2001, Tom Huckstep wrote:
>I have exim running on a workstation, and use it to send all my
>outgoing mail, by using sendmail, and to collect incoming mail in
>connection with fetchmail.
>
>I want to reject all connections from non-local hosts, so that no-one
>can connect to my computer to send me mail. Relaying is forbidden
>already, but I can't work out how to reject all outside connections
>without setting local_interfaces to 127.0.0.1, which seems messy to
>me.
>
>If anyone has any ideas I would be pleased to hear them.

I would probably do it with ipchains or iptables or ipfw rules, on the
workstation machines I deal with. But that's only an option if the stuff
is available on your workstation.

I'm presuming there isn't an MX record world-viewable pointing at your
machine...if there is you really shouldn't cut off outside SMTP access.
But your question suggests there isn't.

  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA