Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Tamas TEVESZ
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware?
On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Tamas TEVESZ wrote:

> actually i don't know enough of this plugin-arch to be able to think
> on - i'm missing stuff like where (which parts, which stages) would a
> hook be, whether there would be a "chain-da-h00kz" ability, and the
> like - Philip, are these already thought about/settled, or is it still
> liquid ? could you please post some more details ?

So far, all I have implemented is the ability to provide a C function
for message checking at input time. This is not really a "plugin"; more
like "custom code".

Prompted by Theo's messages, I have said I'll think about something
similar for logging. If I do that, somebody can write a suitable
function that does dynamic loading if they want to.

I doubt very much that there will be anything more than that in the
first release of Exim 4, because time is now starting to run away, and I
need to get Exim 4 code out there and deployed early next year (because
the code needs to run and be tested in service - too much development
without real use is bad).

Maybe later there will be the chance to think about a more integrated
"plugin" interface.