Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Temas nuevos: Dynamically Loadable Modules (was Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware? )
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Is Exin SNMP Aware?

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 19:56:38 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:

> True. I worry, however, about the cost. Remember Exim doesn't just start
> up and run. Its design requires it to be continually re-executed.

That's probably the biggest head-ache. I'm not sure of many systems
where dynamic linking, on any level, could be considered "cheap" when
done incredibly frequently, say on a dedicated mail server.

In which case, one is left wondering whether it's worth offering the
mechanism, when it's only useful on non-loaded systems.

Ciao,
Sheldon.