[Exim] Trusted Users / CGI

Author: Drew Skinner
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Trusted Users / CGI
Hi;

Is it possible with Exim 3.x to specify a group of trusted users based on UID
number without the need to get a username for the specific UID?

I don't think that the actual trusted_groups option will help here as
the UID's don't exist in the /etc/passwd file and exim seems to be
stuck on the UID lookup. The webserver will force the CGI's to use a
specific UID number and GID.

We've recently switched to a clustered group of servers and cgi
processes are breaking as they call exim with the -t flag. I don't
particularly want to propagate the password file across the cluster,
but will propagate a group, etc. if this can be used to safely tell
exim to ignore the UID from cgi processes (all other calls to exim
are handled by mysql lookups for local delivery, etc.).

Thanks,

Drew.